The phone situation...an update

22:39

As you'll know if you read my previous post, I was thinking long and hard about what phone to upgrade to.  Well, I made my decision and I'm pleased to report that I'm now the proud owner of.....an iPhone!!

My plan was to use a giffgaff sim card, which I must admit I thought was good value.  However, I ordered said free sim towards the end of the week before last.  It was dispatched on Monday but by Friday, I had my shiny new iPhone, but no sim card.

I tweeted giffgaff and was told "it was sent to you by second class post, so should be with you soon". Not entirely helpful in my point of view.  In fact, the sim card is sent for free, so you really can't complain, but I think it would be good if there was an option to pay for the P&P to receive the card sooner.

To cut a very long and boring story short, I have a micro-sim (did try to cut my old sim down, but this didn't work - although luckily still works on my original phone) and a spangly new iPhone.  The process included a trip to the Apple Store, and I have to say this was the best retail experience of my life!! The member of staff I spoke to was so polite, seemed happy to be there (even though it was a Bank Holiday Monday) and answered all my (probably rather stupid) questions without batting an eyelid!

I'm really enjoying getting used to the phone.  I feel I have hardly touched the sides of the functionality that's available but I'm really excited to use it more!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images