To iPhone or to Android

19:42

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S and am due an upgrade, but cannot decide whether to go for the Galaxy S3 (to be launched in approximately 72 hours time) or whether to go with an iPhone 4S.

I've done a lot of research and in all honesty, I think the Galaxy S2 wins, and from what I've read, the S3 only sounds to be even better.  I've had my Galaxy S for 18 months, and it has served me well.  However, this last month has been dreadful.  Not entirely sure what happened, but a load of my numbers disappeared and since then my apps have been crashing left, right and centre.


I've heard the same happens with the iPhone towards the end of it's life, but from seeing friends with their iPhones and having the occasional play around with them, they look so much nicer to use and I really like the integration with iTunes. The Android allows so much customisation, which is great I guess, but it just feels so clunky compared the slickness of the iPhone.  So in a typical girly way, I'm being swayed by prettiness and right now I'm erring towards an iPhone.

I've phoned up TMobile to see what discount they can offer me and, after being a customer of theirs for many years I was told that no discounts are available for the iPhone.


So, my plan is to buy the phone outright and get a giffgaff sim card, £1o a month for 300 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data - a bargain in my eyes!  The iPhone on the other hand costs a hefty £499 for 16GB (which I've been told will be more than enough).  So in the long run, this works out cheaper, and also means I don't have to wait 18 (or even 24) months to upgrade my phone!


But, on the advice of a good friend, I will wait until Thursday to see what the Galaxy S3 has in store and make my decision then...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images